Friday, September 5, 2014

Teacher O Teacher...

Teacher of the week- Mrs. McKinney




Tell us about yourself!

My birthday is October 1. I am married to Corey and we have a dog Xavier. I graduated from Purdue University. While I was at Purdue, I worked at an elementary school where I taught math to students in grades K-4. I enjoy playing softball, basketball, and golf. I also enjoy taking my dog for a walk and working projects around the house. I coach Varsity Softball and help out with Jr. High basketball and Campus Life.

What do you like about Southern Wells?
I like how Southern Wells is a small community and I like how the students interact with one another.

What is your favorite part of your job?To see all your smiling faces :-)

If you were animal, what would you be?
I would love to have the life of a dog.

Grilled Cheese or cheese toastie?
Grilled Cheese

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you on the job?
I had to entertain kindergarteners for three hours one day while we were under a tornado warning. We sang songs, drew on dry erase boards, and took turns using the bathroom all while quietly sitting in the hallway waiting for the storm to pass.

If you were stranded on an island, what 3 items would you bring with you and why?
Bear Grylls enough said. A hatchet because that’s really all you need to survive on an island and a hammock to sleep in the trees.