Thursday, October 30, 2014

Teacher of The Week

Mr.Roush

Tell us about yourself! (ie. Birthday, family, previous jobs, hobbies, etc.

I
have 2 sons, Payton and Kreigh. My wife and I have been married almost 20 years. My Birthday is November 18th. I’ll be 44 years old this year.

I have taught previously at Eastbrook, and Wes-Del schools. This is my 21st year teaching.

My hobbies include fishing and playing basketball.

What do you like about Southern Wells?

First off, I am a Raider at heart. My parents graduated from here, I graduated from here, and my sons will graduate from here. I like that it feels like home. It is also small enough that people can develop real relationships with one another and everyone can find a place to belong.

What is your favorite part of your job?

I really enjoy interacting with my students. That is by far the best part of my job.

If you were animal, what would you be?

I’d be a house dog. They basically lay around, receive attention from their family, and eat. That sounds like a perfect life to me.

Grilled Cheese or cheese toastie?
It is a grilled sandwich with cheese in it. Therefore it is a grilled cheese sandwich.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you on the job?


I had a student vomit on another student so profusely that we had to evacuate my classroom for 2 days while they cleaned and fumigated the room.

If you stranded on an island, what 3 items would you bring with you and why?
I would bring fishing equipment, so I could be entertained and eat. I would bring my family so I wouldn’t be lonely, and I would bring a basketball goal and basketball combo so I could play every day. That would make my life just about ideal.