Thursday, November 13, 2014

Teacher of the Week

Mrs.Plank

Tell us about yourself! (ie. Birthday, family, previous jobs, hobbies, et

My birthday is January 12th.

I have been married for 11 years to Forrest. We have two children. Payton is our biological daughter; she is 10 and attends SWES. Vannessa is our adopted daughter; she is 18 and attends Ball State. Also a part of our family is our dog, Swayzee Grey and our cat, Sammy Baker Davis, Jr.

I formerly worked as a medical office manager of 5 different offices in the Indianapolis area before attending Anderson University for education.

I enjoy playing and watching sports. Softball is my favorite sport, but volleyball is becoming very dear to me. I also love to travel. I take many trips every year. Of all the places I have visited, New York City is my favorite!

What do you like about Southern Wells?
There are several things I like about Southern Wells. I like the tight knit community. During my first year teaching here I felt very welcomed and accepted even though I consider myself to be a city girl. I also like that the students are respectful and easy to get along with.

What is your favorite part of your job?
My favorite part of teaching is getting to form a bond with young adults. I literally get to go to work everyday and laugh and make connections with students that will hopefully last a life time. Not many people can say that.

If you were animal, what would you be?

If I were an animal I would definitely be a dog. The love their owners unconditionally and live very happy lives because of that.

Grilled Cheese or cheese toastie?

Grilled cheese. I didn’t even know cheese toastie was a thing until I came to Southern Wells.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you on the job?
I honestly cannot think of anything crazy that has happened to me. I am usually the CRAZY in the room so take that into perspective.

If you stranded on an island, what 3 items would you bring with you and why?
I would bring a library of books, water and a casket because I have no survival skills.