Friday, January 16, 2015

The man, the myth, the legend Spank

Starting this week I will be having interviews with athletes throughout the school, to help you get to know our schools players a little bit better. This week's interview will be with Keaton Coleman.

1. First of all, how did you get the nickname "Spank"?
-... no comment

2. When did you start playing basketball?
-Kindergarten

3. How are you feeling coming off the knee injury?
-I am feeling nervous, and pressured because I know that my team needs me perform well

4. How do you feel being a two time North vs South all-star?
-It is a great honor, the games are very fun and are a great opportunity for college scouts to find good high school basketball players.

5. What have you done to become the two time 2nd team all conference player?
-Have big moments, hit big shots, try to do every little thing right, and do what the coach asks

6. You are also a 2 year regional qualifier for high jump and ACAC champion last year, and a one year regional qualifier for shot put, what in your mind, is your most impressive accomplishment?
-Probably being an ACAC champion in high jump, because I had to beat a 6'4" very athletic Jaylin Bennet who is now playing running back at Indiana State University.

7. Basketball or track?
- That is a very tough question because I love the way that I'm a lone athlete in track because it's not really a team sport, but basketball has been my sport since I was 5.