Thursday, October 9, 2014

Teacher of The Week


What do you like about Southern Wells?Actually, I grew up and graduated from Southern Wells. I think we have a great community where people care about and take care of each other.

What is your favorite part of your job? 

My favorite part of teaching is hearing about what students liked and remembered. I love when a past student says something like, "I remember reading that. It was a good book!" or "I remember writing that! I still have mine!"

If you were animal, what would you be? 

I would be a dog. They are loyal, playful, and can be pretty smart. They can be trained to help people, and they are always happy to see you.

Grilled Cheese or cheese toastie?
Cheese toastie, always.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you on the job? 
I had a student come in from passing period who had found a bomb threat in the bathroom. I thought he was joking at first, but he was serious. I had to call the office, and the school was put on lock down for hours. The bomb squad had to come and clear the building.

If you stranded on a island, what 3 items would you bring with you and why? If I were stranded on an island, I would bring a weapon like a knife, a water filtration thing, and finally, something I could use to start a fire.