Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Teacher of the Week

Tell us about yourself! (ie. Birthday, family, previous jobs, hobbies, etc.)
December 3 birthday
Have 8 children and 7 grandchildren.
Have worked in a boarding school dormitory as an assistant supervisor, worked in factories like EP Graphics and CTS of Berne, currently work part time at A Friend's House in Bluffton.
Hobbies: Facebook, Internet, Playing the piano, Writing, shopping

What do you like about Southern Wells?
I like the smaller size of SW that allows staff to get to know students better than in large schools.

What is your favorite part of your job?
It is a great feeling to see kids I have known since 6th grade complete high school successfully and graduate! It's always fun to see them after high school and hear about their lives: jobs, families, the military, etc.

If you were animal, what would you be?
I can't imagine. I wouldn't want to be an animal because some people treat them terribly! (But I love dogs...)

Grilled Cheese or cheese toastie?
I say both! Usually it's CHEESE TOASTIE.

What is the craziest thing that has happened to you on the job?
Sometimes I do crazy things in class like sing, or do sound effects for stories that I am reading. One time I was making some loud noises for a book during Reading class and Mrs. Jackson came into the room and told us we were too noisy! Her Health class was very distracted by the noises.

If you stranded on an island, what 3 items would you bring with you and why?
A barrel of fresh water - don't want to run out of water to drink!
Matches - to start a signal fire
A sleeping bag or blanket - so I don't have to sleep on the ground