Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Klowetter's NBA GM- Dallas Mavericks

If I was the General Manager of the NBA team the Dallas Mavericks I would make big changes to take them to the NBA finals, and win a championship. As the General Manager, my first move would be moving Dirk Nowitzki to the bench and restricting his minutes. I would then move Dwight Powell into the starting lineup to help him find his potential. My next order of business would be trading Nerlens Noel when he returns healthy. Nerlens Noel could get the Dallas Mavericks a solid role player. The Dallas Mavericks would have a starting lineup of Dennis Smith Jr, Wesley Matthews, Harrison Barnes, Dwight Powell, and Maxi Klieber. They have strong role players coming off the bench in Seth Curry, Dorian Finney Smith, Dirk Nowitzki, Salah Mejiri, and Yogi Ferrell. These many pieces I believe could lead the team to the playoffs when they develop chemistry and find their groove. Obviously, Western Conference teams are gonna have problems making the Finals because of the powerhouse in Golden State. The Mavericks would have the chance but it would be a challenge. The Dallas Mavericks have taken a downfall in since the 2011 championship but I believe with a good roster and good management they could be a contender and win another one.